Simple Steps to a New Career
Becoming a Certified Bowen Therapist is not everyone’s goal or reason for learning Bowen Therapy through Bowen Online. The certificate steps outlined below are optional and are not a required goal of the lessons.
Students and subscribers come from many different backgrounds and practices, even different careers. As befitting Tom Bowen’s legacy all are welcome to take part in the training and many people have taken only a needed part of the training offered in order to care for either family, friends and animals too.
The online learning programme originally consisted of Modules 1-4 in video lessons and now many of the procedures from Modules 5-8 are included. The reason is that there was no possibility to provide enough live classes so we have slowly continue to add video lessons of the most important procedures from the Modules 5-8. To become a Certified Bowen Therapist a live class is needed.
Become a Certified Bowen Therapist CBT™
Granted by Bowen Canada upon the successful completion of:
- Modules 1-6 live class
- Modules 1-4 online via the Bowen Annual Subscriber
- 120 hours Anatomy & Physiology
- 100 clinical/practice hours
- The Bowen Therapist Certification Exam
Detailed Steps to becoming a Certified Bowen Therapist (CBT™)
- Live Classes where an instructor presents the information, demonstrates and the students practice and are critiqued and given advice on how to best perform the procedure. Modules 1-6 taken live in addition to the online classes are required for certification. The classes are open to all people from all backgrounds and there are no requirements for starting to learn immediately. In fact, you will be able to utilize all the lessons immediately.
- Online Video Lessons where the instruction is taped and the information and demonstration can be viewed over and over. The Online Video Classes don’t teach all Bowen Therapy procedures but a large majority including the most used as taught in Modules 1-4. There are different levels of learning to choose from. To be certified a student must have completed live classes Modules 1-6 and the ‘Bowen Annually‘ online classes. Printed or Downloadable Manuals of the Bowen Therapy Manuals 1 – 8 are available. The Manuals 1-4 for immediate downloads are included in the subscriptions to the online classes.
- Anatomy & Physiology lessons that amount to approximately 120 hours of study are required to be completed or have shown to be completed at a time prior, during or after the above classes are undertaken. Please note that the sequence is not as important as the completion and that the available trainings are designed to be as convenient to study for each individual student as is possible.
- Clinical Hours are considered as 100 hours of clinic practice. This clinic practice can be in the form of well documented hours of treatments provided to clients in any appropriate setting. Clinic can be a therapeutic setting and does not need to be a commercial or medical building but where the term clinic refers to the integrity of the practitioner and client relationship.
- Certification Exam is taken at any point the student is ready, Please note the exam can be repeated should the student fail it and it’s an exam that is designed to be also a learning tool to ensure that important points are properly understood by the candidate. To have access to the online exam the student must be registered for the ‘Bowen Annually’ or lifetime subscriber to the online classes. When successful they earn the designation of CBT (Certified Bowen Therapist) and can advertise their name and contact info for free on the Bowen Canada website.
Additional Certification – CBP™ – (Certified Bowen Practitioner™)
Granted upon the successful completion of:
- Modules 7-8
- 500 clinical hours
- The Bowen Practitioner Certification Exam
Continuing Education credits are given by most professional associations in Canada and the US for the Bowen Therapy training. Please contact your association to find out whether Bowen Therapy classes qualify.
8 Class Modules of 2 days each
Endorsed by the Bowen Family
Bowen Online students are recognized by Bowen Canada and are listed as Certified Bowen Therapists (CBT) on its website. Bowen Online is endorsed by the Bowen family.
In Canada and in most countries around the world where Bowen Therapy is taught and practiced Bowen Therapy is neither regulated by government or by any provincial or national associations. There is no ‘one’ governing body globally nor regionally. There is no ‘one’ school and no ‘one’ regulation for who teaches the therapy. Tom Bowen wished this work to be available to all who desired to use it.